Monday, October 5, 2020

Question on Quora: Debugging of "Login button not working"

 

I read a question in the Quora which said -- "We are manual testers and we are testing a login page, but the login button is not working. How can we debug that thing?". I found the phrase "not working" and that me attentive about it. The words as this make me curious and lead me to debug and learn. 


Also, I see this thought of me can help someone who is wanting to test in such cases. The phrase -- "... but the login button is not working." open up multiple possibilities of seeing what the person is saying, like:

  • The login functionality looks functional; but, the login button looks to be not functional?
  • How did one know about the broken login button?
  • More questions like this can cross the mind of a Test Engineer!

I have tried to put my thoughts in the below mindmap. I hope it will help someone who is looking for a start in similar context lines.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do write your comment on the read information. Thank you.