Friday, October 30, 2020

TribalQonf 2020 - Volunteering and My Experience


This blog post is about my experience of volunteering for TribalQonf 2020, hosted by The Test Tribe community.  It was two days virtual conference on 27th Jun 2020 and 28th Jun 2020 with 600 attendees.  I volunteered for the conference along with other volunteers.



Disclaimer


No one has asked or paid me to write this blog post.  I'm writing it here to document my experience and learning from the TribalQonf 2020.



TribalQonf 2020 and Registration


I read about this conference on the Facebook group page of The Test Tribe.  I looked for submitting my talk.  I could not find a way to do it.  Later I learned, there was no public call for speakers.  The speakers were invited and chosen by the conference organizers.

The conference had a registration fee.  In the current financial situation of me, I could not afford it.  I did not wish to ask for a free pass or a discounted registration to attend this conference.

I had missed a few virtual testing conferences in the year 2020, as I could not afford to register.  I gave time for myself, so I let go of this as well.  But, I had this thought in my mind: "If I volunteer for TribalQonf 2020, probably I may get a free entry pass to this conference."   I wrote, "I'm available and wishing to volunteer."  to one of the organizers.  I received a positive note; I got added to the group of TribalQonf 2020 volunteers.  

Yet, I had a question should I register for attending this conference as there was no mentioning of a free pass to the volunteers.  I asked for one of the organizers should I register for the conference?  I got a volunteer pass.  I thank The Test Tribe community and its team for this kind gesture.



TribalQonf 2020 and Volunteering


The discussion of volunteering tasks had picked its momentum with volunteers and organizers.  The task list and status got updated consistently. 

I could not work on initial tasks in full dedication.  I stopped and did not interact much while I listened to it.  I had the feel what am I doing as a volunteer.  Then came a task to tweet about the talks on Twitter.  I picked it up.

I did well in this task.  Apart from the tweeting, I got another two responsibilities on the day of the conference.  I picked them and tried doing my best by communicating consistently to one of the organizers and conference host.    

I have a feeling of doing justice for the volunteer pass I got from The Test Tribe.



My Experience


I enjoyed the conference and listened to the speakers while I tweeted.  The feel of I did my part honestly being in each talk makes me glad.  Before taking up the tweeting, the tasks I was looking at helped me develop a fresh perspective on pitching and promotion.  I stopped brainstorming and working on the strategic planning of pitching as I could not participate actively in the discussion.  The insights I had while I brainstormed, I did not have it earlier; it is useful learning to me.

I'm glad that live-tweeting helped who were following the hashtag #tribalQonf.  I received thankyou messages in my DM and chat.  I was able to assist The Test Tribe in little possible ways for TribalQonf 2020.

I used an analysis platform to look at how the #TribalQonf is doing during the conference.  Here is the analysis for the first 500 tweets with hashtag #TribalQonf.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, do write your comment on the read information. Thank you.